Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I hate my mouth! Or gums...

Went to see my periodontist today. The hole in the top of my mouth is all healed, yay! My gum graft has taken nicely and looks good, I can go back to normal brushing, flossing, eating, everything. Yay!

I need to get another gum procedure done. Boooooo!!! Apparently I have very deep pockets (6mm) on the backside of my right rear teeth. Since I got a deep cleaning done just last year and it doesn't seem to have helped, she's highly recommending trimming the gum to trim away the pockets, b/c brushing and flossing won't be able to clean that deep and I'll end up with some periodontal disease later. Sigh. Since I want to be healed up in time to eat lots of beef in Argentina, I ended up scheduling the procedure for tomorrow afternoon. So yes - a day after I'm given the ok to treat my mouth like it's fully normal, I'm setting myself back into liquids and soft foods land. Hopefully this one will take less time to heal...

And not only that, I drive to Palo Alto almost right after the procedure in order to get vaccinations/immunizations for my trip. Sore mouth, drive to get needles poked in my arm. So much fun. Sigh...

No comments: