Monday, February 25, 2008

So tired...

I feel like I haven't slept enough in over a week, which is odd given that I've actually spent a fair amount of time in bed. But after getting back from Whistler (where I didn't sleep well any night even though several nights we were in bed for 9-10 hours), my sister came in town for the Game Developer's Conference and stayed with us all week. I love when she visits, and we had fun (even though she ditched us the first night to go to dinner with friends - my bf and I went hunting the lunar eclipse (stupid clouds) and then grabbed Korean bbq at Pine Restaurant (sadly kind of disappointing this time - they overcooked the bulgogi) and desserts at Golden Island (yummy!)). But we put her in the master bedroom and my bf and I slept on the bed in his office, which should have been fine but some combination of sleeping on the opposite side of the bed as usual, his computer being on, the windows not being as insulating in that room, and his iPhone causing his speakers to buzz during the night led to insufficient sleep, or insufficiently restful sleep each night. Or maybe it's just that I never slept enough to make up for Whistler. At any rate, Friday night my mom flew into town (she'd been visiting my grandma in LA) so we were busy getting dinner (at Dragonfly in the Sunset - very yummy, they all liked it), lunch (at Canton Seafood Dim Sum Restaurant on Folsom and Hawthorne Lane), attending the Chinese New Year's Parade in Chinatown in the cold windy rain (after spending much of the afternoon browsing the touristy stores and sort of looking at the rather uninteresting street fare), and getting dinner (at Ploy II - mental note: Pumpkin Curry was watery and bland), so that was fairly tiring. Saturday night my sister and bf played Halo 3 happily while my mom read the paper and I updated my website. Sunday was lunch at Pho Hoa, hazelnut milk tea at Verde, followed by 3 hours of karaoke at Gamba (while my mom was hanging out with my aunt), and then dinner at my aunt's before taking my sister to the airport. So, a very full weekend (at least for me). I guess it makes sense I'm still tired despite getting almost 9 hours of sleep last night (and getting into work rather late). Maybe I should go to bed super early tonight. Zzzzz....

No comments: