Thursday, January 7, 2010

Cafe Claude - yum!

Haven't blogged in ages which means I haven't been keeping track of restaurants I've been to, which is annoying when I try to pick restaurants to go to and can't remember if I've been to one or what I thought of it.

So, making note.. went to Cafe Claude tonight (7 Claude Ln, a little alleyway off of Sutter right next to Kearny), and really enjoyed it. They have a small jazz band playing by the bar some nights of the week, they have outdoor seating with heat lamps (we sat indoors), and they have yummy food. I got a french onion soup that was good (not the best ever but more than good enough, esp on a chilly day), and Porc au Miel, which was pork tenderloin in a honey cream balsamic vinegar sauce, with caramelized apples and haricot verts. The sauce was delicious, the pork was tender, and I ended up sopping up the last of the sauce with the Acme pain epi bread they gave us at the beginning of the meal (yummy). There was some flavor I didn't love on occasion (the chives? rosemary or something? but for the most part it was just really yummy). My bf got the seared ahi tuna with onion confit, bacon, soy green peppercorn sauce (and lemon zest?) and that was quite yummy too, especially if you ate the fish and confit all together. The flavors really complemented each other well. Yelp and OpenTable says it's $$ - I'm not sure how they classify that. Soup was $8, my entree was $19, his was $20, I think...and it's casual. Definitely would go back.

No comments: