Sunday, August 19, 2007

GG Park

Golden Gate Park has a lot more to it than I ever realized. We went wandering into the park today, ran across some sort of Indian festival or something, discovered where the tennis courts, handball courts, and baseball fields were. Found the Shakespeare Garden and lay on our backs in the grass for a while, just watching the clouds drift by... Then we found the music concourse where some people were dancing, and then wandered around looking at some paintings. It was nice..beautiful day.

Blogger's dragging slowness with Firefox 1.5 is starting to drive me batty.

Quick list of places I've eaten at since my last list:
Pagolac - Vietnamese at 655 Larkin (Tenderloin). Went here b/c we were going to see a coworker's band at the Great American Music Hall. Was fine, nothing really stood out.
Ploy II - yup, went again b/c the Citrus Club down the street had a wait and we didn't feel like waiting. Praram gai (I think) beef was yummy, chicken chow mein (not my idea) kind of bland.
Mifune (Japantown) - I love this place. Yummy tanin udon.
Pork Store Cafe -1451 Haight Street. Yelpers love it for breakfast, had to try it out. Getting "Eggs in a Tasty Nest" first meal of the day may not have been a good idea - overly salty and greasy for my stomach. Sat at the lunch counter and had fun observing the cooks at work. Want to try again and order something else. As the bf observed, though, it's diner food - greasy, quick, not particularly healthy.

Enough. Slow typing is driving me crazy.

No comments: