Thursday, January 22, 2009

Couple more restaurants

Trying to blog before I forget.

Tuesday, the bf wanted to do something more low key so we picked up Jay's Cheesesteaks. Jay's Cheesesteaks aren't what I'd call authentic Philly cheesesteaks - they come with mayo, mustard, pickles, lettuce, and tomatoes, none of which I expect in a Philly cheesesteak. But my pepper & onion cheesesteak minus the mustard and pickles was very tasty indeed. As long as you're not insisting on authenticity, and just want something greasy and yummy, I like this place.

Wednesday, we were going to try to do Dine About Town at Garcon but upon realizing that their pricing is just about on par with DAT pricing (ie you could get any appetizer, entree, and dessert on average for $35), we didn't feel compelled to stick with the DAT menu. The DAT menu was actually completely different than the regular menu - not one single item overlapped except the desserts, since you could pick any dessert off the regular dessert menu. I ended up getting the Atlantic Salmon in a pastry shell off of the regular menu, cooked medium rare at the waiter's suggestion, and it was delicious. Very very tasty, and the salmon was moist and nice instead of dry and almost sticky chewy like it often is. Loved the mushroom puree it was served on top of as well. I polished off my entire plate. Another of our party also got the salmon, without the mushroom, and said he enjoyed it, while my bf got the duck leg confit which he said was quite good as well. Service was fine, too, though for some reason we got two different guys both telling us what the soup of the day was and offering to answer any questions, but hey two is better than none! I'd go back. I'm liking the restaurants in the 22nd/Valencia/Guerrero area.

No comments: