Friday, January 23, 2009

Spork!

One more restaurant - last night my bf and I went to Spork at 1058 Valencia (btwn 21st and 22nd). It is located in an old KFC, and they give you metal sporks to use with dessert. It's got a pretty small but fairly varied menu. I got the Alaskan Halibut which ended up being cod, which was pretty tasty, on a bed of gnocchi and shredded brussel sprouts and some sort of sauce. I liked it. My bf got the cauliflower and apple soup (tasty, very cauliflowery) and "The Other Italian Stallion", which was a pasta dish with Italian sausage that tasted fine but was not particularly inspiring. We got the "Elvis has left the building" dessert - a warm peanut butter cup with a sliced banana on the side, a scoop of vanilla gelato, all drizzled with a caramel sauce and salted peanuts. Not very big but very yummy. Overall, I liked it, my bf was less impressed. Apparently my sister loves this place...

No comments: