Friday, October 19, 2007

What I'm watching

What I'm watching these days...

Chuck
Heroes
Journeyman
How I Met Your Mother
Reaper
Bionic Woman
Pushing Daisies
My Name is Earl
CSI
ER
Daily Show
Colbert Report

Also DVR-ing the Dead Zone and South Park and Robot Chicken, but haven't actually had time to watch them yet. We're also 2 weeks behind on TDS/TCR.

When I saw a bunch of potentially interesting shows in the fall TV guides, I didn't really mean to start watching them *all*... The ironic thing is most of these shows are on NBC, and NBC is the channel we get with the weakest signal strength over the air. On the other hand, we supposedly get ABC at something like 97% and yet I haven't gotten a clean recording off of them yet. Or CBS, for that matter. We really need to get an outdoor antenna.

At any rate, of all these new shows, "Pushing Daisies" is definitely the favorite for both my bf and I. It looks so different than anything else on TV - very Men In Black/Tim Burton-ish - and sounds different, but it's not just overly quirky and precious, it's well-done. We really get a kick out of it. The bf likes "Chuck" and stopped watching "Reaper" after the second show. I like "Chuck" ok, even if it's fairly predictable, and I like "Reaper" ok - the trouble is, I don't dislike it enough to stop watching it, and I don't love it either. It's amusing and entertaining and apparently I don't ask for much out of my entertainment. "Journeyman" I can take or leave - in fact, I left it last week. Feels a tiny bit like "Dead Zone", which I'm getting a little sick of. "Bionic Woman" I'm kind of eh about. It could be better than it is, but I don't dislike it enough to stop watching it either.

"Heroes" this year so far has been fairly predictable but I like the show. I have the feeling I'm not going to get to "Buffy" levels of love for any new TV show for a long time....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How do you have time to watch this much TV?? =)

teenes said...

What else is there to do at night? ;)

We've dropped Journeyman already. And I'm probably going to turn Reaper into a watching-while-running-on-the-elliptical show since "the bf" doesn't like it. Though, I've started downloading "Life" to watch on the elliptical so I guess I'm still not really reducing the TV watching.

Oh well, that writer's guild strike may solve the too much TV problem for me!