Monday, September 17, 2007

I'm my own mother!

I recently signed up on broadwayworld.com so I could post about Jersey Boys, and as a consequence have seen more random information about Broadway than I've read in, well, ever. A recent news bit caught my eye and made me realize just how circular and small the theater world can be.

Apparently Lea Salonga (formerly Eponine) is currently playing Fantine on Broadway. And she's going to be replaced by Judy Kuhn, who was Broadway's original Cosette. Not only that, but looking at the current cast list for Les Miz, it says Gary Beach is playing Thenardier. The name is really really familiar...I could have sworn he was in Les Miz ages ago and there *is* someone named "Gary Beach" in the credits of the Complete Symphonic Recording which is definitely over a decade (even two, maybe?) old...

Ye gods! Apparently Daphne Rubin-Vega (the original Mimi in Rent) played Fantine when this production first opened on Broadway. That's so not right...

No comments: