Monday, September 10, 2007

More SF doings...

Other stuff I've done around SF this past weekend:

- Went to the Ghiradelli Chocolate Festival on Saturday. Less chocolate than you would think - only Ghiradelli actually had chocolate chocolate, and that was their chocolate squares. Everyone else had chocolate-related desserts, I guess. I ended up having a Ghiradelli sundae (small but yummy), banana mango sorbet (ok, not the best I've had) from Ciao Bella Gelato, chocolate malt (mmmm) from Lori's Diner, chocolate truffle cake with raspberry and whipped cream on top (not bad) from McCormick & Kuleto's, 3 small samples of cookies from Kit's cookies (Pecan Rum Raisin w/ chocolate chips, cashew coconut with dark chocolate chips, and cranberry walnut with white chocolate chips) which were all right, and then used up the rest of the tastings on Victoria's Toffee (had it last night, very yummy), and Ghiradelli Chocolate Squares. My favorite was probably the sundae, actually, even though it was your basic vanilla with chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and a cherry. The chocolate was delicious, though. I also ended up spending more money than I should have buying two pretty glass beads that I've made into a choker and a necklace/choker thing. Had a good time, though!

- On Sunday, a friend and I went to the free San Francisco Opera in the Park concert. We got quite a good spot, almost centered, right behind the paved path running 2/3 of the way back from the stage, so we had no one directly in front of us and a good, if slightly far view of the stage. Not that we were really watching the stage. We both had books and a bunch of snacks, and spent a relaxing afternoon with good music in the background, a good book, and constant eating.

I really need to eat less...

No comments: